Some of the reasons why Maylie brings us so much laughter and joy.
Mom: “Maylie we have to go to the Doctor’s office today.
Maylie: “He measure me?”
Mom: “Yes.”
Maylie: “He see if I tall enough to go on fast ride at Disneyland!?”
“Mommy don’t go to store! If you go I can’t see you!”
Lady at orthodontist office: “My how cute you are! Are you a model?”
Maylie: “No. I’m Chinese.”
Lady: “Oh. Is, uh, your daddy Chinese?” (yes, she actually asked her that.)
Maylie: “No, he Stephen.”
Maylie: “Mom. I miss Daddy. Daddy at work?
Mom: “Yes, sweetheart.”
Maylie: “I so sad. I miss him. He make money for food and clothes.”
Thirty minutes later. “Mommy. I so sad. I miss Daddy.” And this continues throughout the day. Several. times. a. day.
Maylie: “NO! Don’t wipe my nose! My lip gloss will come off!”
Passing by a woman at the park with a dog, Maylie is a bit afraid of the dog. I tell her he’s a nice dog to which she replies, “Oh, he nice dog?! He love Jesus?”
Maylie singing loudly “I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU! I loooovve youuu. I loooove youuu! Ha ha! That like Elf. He eat too much sugar.”
Maylie prays a beautiful sweet little prayer and asks Jesus into her heart. Her big sister later talks to her about the significance of the prayer and tells her how special it was, to which she looks with consternation into her sister’s eyes and replies, “Where’s your retainer?”
Karissa: “Maylie it’s your birthday today! You’re not four anymore! You’re five!
Maylie: “Where four go?”
One of Maylie’s favorite requests of her Daddy when he comes home. “Daddy kiss Mommy on the lips!”
Knowing soon it would be her birthday and there are gifts in store for her she says, “Where’s the surprise? I hear ding-dong and there brown box.” (which was weeks before.) Smart girl.
Big sister and Maylie in the produce aisle near the potatoes: “Maylie look at these cute little potatoes.”
Maylie: “Oh, how cuuuute! Do the mommy potatoes take care of them?”
Further on in the store. “Oh look, tortillas are on sale.”
Maylie: “Hallelujah!” (accompanied with a little dance)
A conversation between me (mom) and Maylie in the car as she’s been talking non-stop for about ten minutes:
Maylie: “Mom.”
Mom: “Yes, sweetheart.”
Maylie: “I ask a lot of questions.”
Mom: “Yes, you do honey.”
Maylie: “Yeah. I talk a lot. I looooove talk!”
One day while enjoying a walk with Maylie. She started asking questions about Moses and the people and the manna they ate. I told her we don’t have manna any more. She stops. Looks up at the sky with outstretched arms. Then swings her arms down and slumps. “Yeah. It not working.”
Approaching the entrance to Target a solicitor is asking patrons for money. I quietly walk by carrying Maylie on my hip. As we pass by Maylie looks over my shoulder and shouts out loudly “I sorry, I have no cash!”
9 comments:
Those are hilarious!! I love the one about manna! Actually, I like all of them!
~Shiloh
Oh my goodness, that just made my day!
Very funny!
Too cute! She is a girl full of personality!
Life would be so dull and boring without Maylie!! She is our joy and treasure and always makes me smile! I love her so much!
I could tell that she was going to be quite a character when we were in China last year. Oh, what a joy she is! Thank you for sharing her sweetness and zest for life.
Oh my goodness! Could she be any cuter?!
Absolutely the most funniest things I have ever read!!! She is more colourful than a rainbow!!!
She is too much!! Hilarious...such a sweetie!!
Post a Comment