Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Maylie's Surgery

On Monday Maylie had a minor surgery to correct a condition called reflux for her left kidney. It's a condition that causes a back flow from the bladder to the kidney. The outpatient surgery was a success and she is completely recovered! They gave her a "happy drink" to calm her down which caused her to act quite silly. They only hard time she had was coming to from the anesthesia. She was pretty disoriented and extremely agitated for about 20 minutes. There was lots of crying. After that she pretty much slept the rest off on the way home.

When we arrived home her doting jie jie's had the couch all ready for her, complete with fluffy pink blankets, pillows, books, a balloon, a chocolate teddy bear lollypop, and her special doll dressed in a hospital gown. She's really not spoiled at all is she?

So the rest of the day she lounged on the sofa in her gingerbread pajamas and watched Christmas movies and was catered to her for just about everything. Like I said, she's really not at all spoiled. Yeah.




Very relaxed after the "happy" drink
She loved her (as she called her) "Chin-ee" nurse :)




7 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

She look so cute!

Kim said...

I am so glad her surgery went well. I have one question??? Does she smile all the time? She is so full of joy....I just love that girl! I would love getting Vivi and Maylie together....they would have a blast!

Kim

Naomi said...

I am so glad that she did so well and it sounds like the special drink really helped? Do they have that stuff available for Mummy's too?!!!!

Titus2Mom said...

We love your blog! I found you through the Strangs (we are their friends)

Jess and Family

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Where can I get some of the "happy drink" :) I am so glad it went well. Merry Christmas!

Jenn said...

So glad to hear it went well!!

Somehow I have missed all these adorable posts! Love the tea party and the tree hunting pictures. And it looks like Maylie got a haircut too?? It's very cute!!!

Unknown said...

What a sweetie pie. I'm glad all went well. So sweet how her big sissy's were right their to spoil her ;)

I promise...we WILL get together soon!!! ~stacy