So I dressed Maylie in her favorite blue dress, and took some pictures for her first official Gotcha Day anniversary.
It all went so well.
She was smiling.
I was smiling.
She was patient.
I was patient.
All was well with the world.And then Maylie decided it would be fun to jump up and down on the stool she was standing on.
And land on the very edge, catapulting her into my mom's flower bed.
Neatly crushing about a foot-long area of tenderly cared for impatiens.
And in the same clever move staining the back of her dress with lovely fuchsia flower stains.
I tell ya, the flowers weren't the only impatien ones.
Nevertheless, we hustled upstairs, sprayed some stain remover onto the first dress, and decided a change of colors was the thing to do. We went with white. Which, as you know, is sooooo much less prone to getting dirty. Right?
But, despite my visions of a dress liberally spattered with mud, and bedecked with grass stains, we actually kept the dress clean. AND got some good pictures.No, no, I'm telling the truth. See for yourself.
She picked daintily.
She smiled gorgeously.
She even stood still long enough for me to take more than 1 good photo.It was a happy day. :)
~Posted by jie jie (big sister) Kourtney
2 comments:
Happy Forever Family day sweet girl! We will always remember this very special day! Jesus loves you so much and has wonderful things in store for your life!
We love you! The Strands
Oh I love it!!! I can picture the scene!!! She is so beautiful and congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!
Post a Comment