Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maylie-isms Part Two



A tiny girl with lots of personality!

She's adorable. Huggable. Squeezable. Sassy. Independent. Sweet. Very generous. Naughty. Funny. Sarcastic, even.

And oh, so smart. So very, very smart.


Her personality is like no other.
She LOVES to sing. She is either, singing, humming, or talking, twenty. four. seven.
She often says some of the funniest things we've ever heard. (Or maybe we're just biased?)

They have a name alllll their own.


Maylie-isms.
Well, here we have Maylie-isms part 2.
Maylie is having a little trouble with her “x” sounds. And so when she is (often) asked “How old are you?” She enthusiastically replies, “I’m gonna be sick!” To which the questioner’s eyebrows are usually slightly raised, and with an attempted disguise of alarm, gingerly takes a few steps back.


Maylie on completing a math coloring sheet: “Mom. I don’t know if I can color all dis, or not. My ankles might start hurting.”


One afternoon at a local zoo with our homeschool group, Maylie was best buddies with a sweet fourteen year friend named Esther. As they were observing a bald eagle Esther began to read the bird’s information to Maylie. “Let’s see what they eat. Mice, foxes, rabbits…”

Maylie: “NO! Don’t let them eat rabbits!”

Esther: “Oh. Um. Ah. Let’s keep reading. Chicken. There, they eat chicken!”

Maylie: “NO!” Don’t let them eat chickens!”

Esther: “Well, Maylie don’t you eat chicken?”

Maylie: “Yes.”

Esther: “Well there you go. You see, you eat chicken too.”

Maylie: “I don’t eat real chicken! I eat chicken from the store.”

(We didn’t have the heart to tell that yes they are one and the same.)

Upon Steve coming home:

Maylie: “MOM!!! Your husband is home!”

Maylie was looking through her princess autograph album, which also includes photos of her with several Disney princess. In most of the photos with the princesses, Maylie is wearing a princess costume. Flipping through the book, she suddenly came upon a photo of herself with a princess in which she was wearing a regular dress. Maylie scoffed and exclaimed, “Huh, why am I wearing my rags here?!”


One morning at breakfast:

Maylie: “What’s wrong mommy?”

Mom: “Ugh. I’m so tired.”

Maylie: “Oh. Do you feel old?”

Jie Jies: “Maylie!”

Maylie: “Well…., mommy you not feel new?”


On our weekly trip to Costco to get gas after church.

Maylie: “Daddy, where we going?”

Dad: “To get gas.”

Maylie: “Oh. Are you going to get decaf?”


The morning we are preparing to head to the beach for a get together.

Maylie: “We go to BEAAACH?!”

Mom: “Yes, Maylie. It’s going to be so much fun!”

Maylie: “Mom! You should get some whole wheat marshmallows and chocolate and we make a smore yummy!....and hot dogs in the fire!.....and sing “Holy Holy!!



Maylie: “Mom, Christmas Columbus brodders didn’t know that the erf was wound. Ha ha! They said it was wound like a pizza!!”
posted by Kourtney


4 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh, What Sweetness! She gets cuter every time I see her pictures.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now I need me a Maylie fix. Those were some good laughs to hold me over until we can finally get together though! Such a funny bunny that Maylie girl. :)
Happy December! love, Sarah H.

Anita said...

I've soooo missed hearing all about Maylie! We would love to meet you all one day and get a chance to meet this sweetheart in person! :) HUGS!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! She is too cute!