Maylie: “I know a lot about the Bible, well a little. It says
Do not worship other gods or statues.
Do not lie.
Do not watch too many movies.
Read a lot of books so you will be smart.
Honor your parents and dads and moms.
Love your friends.
Love your family.
Do school. It makes you smart.
Don’t get sick.”
“When I was in China I didn’t know it it but God was watching me.”
Maylie exasperated: “Karissa are you studying ‘physcogoly’ again?!
“Mom, for lunch I don’t want a ‘sandwish'. Just turkey and cheese. I’m not having any carbs today." (The unfortunate result of having much older health conscious sisters. And yes, I made her eat the bread. Heaven knows she needs it!)
“Mom, I wanted a bagel for breakfast but they’re all frozed up!”
Being a bit sassy (yeah) to her sisters one day right before lunch:
Jie Jie: "Maylie don’t roll your eyes!”
Maylie: “I was just giving my eyes a ride by rolling them.”
Randomly one day:
Kourtney: “Maylie what are you doing?”
Maylie: “Oh, just paying my taxes.”
Maylie: “Well, if I get married to a man who’s name is Flynn, I will have to change my name to Maylie Rider Smolder.” (You have to see Tangled to understand!)
Following is an example of a typical morning of running errands with Maylie:
Go to the bank. Maylie draws on several pieces of note paper while I do my transactions with the bank teller. She draws various pictures and then "deposits" them with the teller. Usually with rewards of “oohhs” and “aahhs” and stickers.
Second go to the post office. As she waits for me to mail my package she manages to cause a small avalanche of brochures (about 150) on how to ship packages to the military.
Next during our Trader Joes shopping after “sniffing” a potted herb it somehow slips to the ground and mint leaves and soil are freshly spewed on the floor.
And at our final stop at Sprouts after Maylie’s coffee sample (decaf of course) she whispers very loud. “Mom, I have to go #2!”
Oh, I forgot to mention that in each store Maylie is usually dancing to the music that’s playing, or singing, (loudly), or creating and choreographing a musical on the spot.
Yes, life with Maylie is never dull!
One day while driving home Maylie notices a man walking his dog.
Maylie: “That man’s dog looks like a fox.”
Mom: “Yeah, you’re right. It kind of does.”
Maylie: “Foxes don’t really make good pets.” A small moment of silence then......“unless you have a GUN!”
Cooking dinner one night Maylie asks “What’s for dinner Mom?”
Mom: “Chicken Cordon Bleu.”
Maylie: “Hey Dad! We’re having chicken cock-a-doodle-do for dinner!”
.
8 comments:
She is precious and I LOVED reading every sweet word she says!!! What a sweet baby!!! Blessings and love! XO
Laughing out loud over here. Hilarious, spunky, Maylie girl. You are loved!
Oh, how i can relate!
Never a dull moment!
Wouldn't trade it either!
Oh my! She is sooooo cute!
Oh my word... She sounds so much like our Lily.... what a hoot!
How funny!! She's a doll and so smart!!
Oh my goodness...that Maylie is a hoot!
Oh...I'd type, but I'm still laughing. I always love these. Thank you for sharing! BTW, apparently I just joined the same homeschool group as you for our new addition. Maybe I will finally be able to meet you in person at the meeting on Monday night.
Post a Comment