

When we first received info about Lily we had a fairly recent photo of her. Sweet as can be holding her little apple, looking so far away on the other side of the world. Then we received her file and there were two baby photos. My heart broke. She was exquisitely adorable with cherubic cheeks. Beautiful, made in God's image. She was a baby, jut barely able to sit up. And she didn't have a mommy. No mommy to nurse her, cuddle her, smother her with kisses and tell her how utterly adorable she was. No mommy to sing Jesus Loves You to her as she's wrapped up in warm towels after a bath. No mommy to make sure she ate her vegetables. No mommy to tuck her in and read her bedtime stories. And I began to cry. So much time seems to be lost in this fallen world. So much joy seems stolen. My heart ached because I couldn't be there to fulfill all those motherly joys. Then I realized that when we were in China picking up Maylie we hadn't any idea that we were leaving behind a two year old daughter, who would wait. But God, our loving Father, had a plan. Of course we will never understand His divine timing, but we do that He is good. And that's enough. He has made it clear, beyond doubt, that this little dear is our daughter. So although we may have missed the first 4 and 1/2 years, God did not. He was with her. Loving her, protecting her and preparing her for the road ahead. And a gift to me; God left those baby cheeks there a little longer. And are they gonna get some lovin'!!
10 comments:
She was an adorable baby! And she is a beautiful little girl now! I never realized how much I would MISS those years we didn't have with Haleigh - all the unanswered questions, etc. for the 4 1/2 years she was in China. But I, too, know that she was never alone; God was with her and had a plan. That's what I have to trust! And to be thankful for the time we've had and will have as a family! I hope it isn't much longer until Lily is Home!
What an angel and I LOVE the part you write God knew her all along and was there for her. That is SO right and such a comfort for us moms!!! Blessings and love as you prepare for a very precious blessing!!! XO
It is seriously AMAZING to me that I looked into that little baby face years ago. And that I have pics of Mia in that same crazy sweater! Love how the Lord weaves our stories together.
Can't wait to see you kissing on those cheeks SOON!
Oh, she is so incredibly beautiful. I know just what you're experiencing, though. Our little treasure in India is turning 11 in March and my heart breaks. I'm thankful that she's so tiny. I may just be able to hold her...if she'll let me! I'm so glad that God has never left her alone. And I'm so glad that God has never left your precious Lily alone.
SO CUTE!! I can't wait to meet her and kiss those sweet cheeks too...(a couple months later, of course:) Sweet story, just the beginning of her testimony of His love:)
Praying she is home before Easter so I can meet her! Oh, PS I'm coming home around Easter so let's hang out :)
Oh my goodness!! Precious, treasured baby pictures!L go and get your Lily Hope already!! Praising God for His protection in your absence!!
Thank you for stopping by our blog! So nice to meet you.....
Your family is beautiful and I love the photo of your Lily... those baby cheeks are precious!!!!! You are so right... God was with her all along!!!!
Yes!! Those baby cheeks!! THey do need some lovin' and you will have time to give plenty when she is home! I know that feeling of missing out on those baby years. I think of that so often with our little Katie Grace. i pray Lily home soon!!!!!
Very sweet little one! Congrats!!!
Keep me posted on your ur process!
Hugs
Donna
Post a Comment