Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Maylie-isms Part 3

This post is about 7 months late! I started it way back but I just hadn't posted it yet. So it's a bit dated. Part 4 will be posted shortly. (If I don't get too behind again!)

Oh the joy and laughter this little girl brings! We cannot even imagine missing the blessing and honor of having this precious bundle of love and life!




Maylie, who is obsessed with any girly hair accessories she can get her little hands on, managed to create a lovely side ponytail. One evening Steve walks in from work and says, “Wow, what a lovely 80’s hairdo.” Maylie responds “ I NOT 80! I’m cute!”


Some of Maylie’s favorite sayings:

“Well. That kind of really interesting.”

“That so citing!”

“gooey” “buttery” & “everday”. (Don’t ask because I don’t know.)

“I need to work on the puter.” (computer)


Maylie: “Kourtney, I have this envelope….can you go to the bank, and can you get me 5 monies?”

Kourtney: “Maylie, why would I give you money???”

Maylie: “cause I like it!”


Maylie wasn’t feeling well one day.

Maylie: “Kourtney, can you please stop humming. You’re giving me a headcake!"


Maylie: “When I little in China, there no place like home. Then we drive and drive, get home (What about the LONG flight home?) and there no place like home. I’m so glad I home!” (No she had not seen the Wizard of Oz when she said this!)


Maylie: “Mom. In China we wake up. Eat breakfast, play and go to bed. I was still hungry.

Mom: “Maylie, didn’t you eat dinner?” Yeah….we eat dinner, not lunch then we go to bed. And we NOT have jammas! We go to bed with our clothes on! Mom! I’m not kidding!”


During a ride in the car.

Maylie: “Mom, I just sitting here quietly. Not talking.”

Mom: “Yes, you are. Very uncharacteristic of you.”

Maylie: “Thank you.”

Mom: “No. Thank you.” (Hey, we all need a break now and then!)


Maylie had been asking (quite frequently about a year ago) for a sister from China. One day recently we were shopping at Target while Maylie was riding along and singing (as she typically does in public) in the shopping cart. Suddenly she spied an adorable asian girl about eight years old sitting alone along the bottom shelf in a aisle, resting. Her mother and siblings were at the end of the aisle. Maylie saw her and excitedly burst out “Hey! Mom! Look at that little girl! Let’s GET HER!” The little girl’s eyes grew, then she coyly pretended not to hear or see us, stood quietly and walked quickly to her mother!


Maylie: “Kourtee, you want some tea?”

Kourtney: “Sure.”

Maylie: “Okay. You want vanilla, frappuchino, Chinese or rootberry?”





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUCH cuteness!! :)

Unknown said...

This is adorable. I love every single one. I love that you remember them all and I can hear you laughing as you chat with her about these things. Such a good mom...such sweet sisters...such a cute girl. You are blessed!

Judi said...

Adorable!

Jamie Marie said...

oh man, I love her. can she come see me?

Annie said...

These are really gorgeous!! I love them and her cute sayings too!!

Sarah said...

Oh, she is just sooooo cute!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

She is cute AND funny!! I LOVE that outfit!!

Jenn said...

She is so precious!! Her and KM would be such sweet friends, I just know it!!!

AnotherPreciousJewel said...

I always love these. Thank you for sharing your joy! Kind of heartbreaking-her memories of orphanage life-though. I'm so glad she has pajamas and her little tummy doesn't have to go to bed hungry anymore!

Annie said...

SO cute!!! She is precious!