Daric Martin W.
March 7, 1929 - April 9, 2009
Our Grandpa went to be with the Lord on Thursday, April 9th. What a wonderful grandpa he was! Ever since we were born he always talked about Jesus. He bought us Christian story Bibles and books many times. Often he would bounce us on his knee. He loved watching cartoons with us when we were little and making funny animal sounds and singing songs with us.
He used to collect coins and sometimes we would pretend we were beggars and he would through quarters to us and we would catch them and place them in sandwich baggies. We thought it was so fun!
He liked all the old movies like The Three Stooges, Shirley Temple and old westerns. He loved Bible cartoons, ice cream, apple pie, anything with garlic and onions, radios, feeding birds, fixing things (he could fix anything), working in the garage, and listening to gospel music.
He LOVED the Word of God! He had quite a collection of Bibles! Now he gets to hear God's word directly and see his Savior face to face everyday!
My dad says my aunts and uncle are so well established and responsible because of the example my grandpa was to them. He worked hard everyday and provided for his wife and children. He never cussed or drank or watched bad movies. Like I said before, he loved the Word of God and that made him the man that he was.
We miss you Grandpa. We will see you again.





2 comments:
Beautifully said. I loved your granpa so much i was always happy and at peace tp just sit next tp him on holidays.Heaven now has a new womderfu; kind loving man.Leah and Ariel
Thank you so much for this beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. I didn't always appreciate what my Dad was when I was growing up. Children can't always understand what makes a life and what love really is ... but maturity brought me understanding. And time taught me to love and accept him just the way he was. Knowing I won't see him again in this life, I grieve for the loss of his presence. But there is victory in his final journey to Christ, our Savior. Aunt Becky
Post a Comment