Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Maylie's Dedication

Maylie was dedicated on Sunday, September 27. She was very excited, and had kept talking about how "Pastor Chuck hold you! Pray for you" for weeks; but when the big day came, she was a little nervous.


Now, usually, she is very eager to get any attention she can; the larger the audience, the better she likes it. Well, not that Sunday. My mom carried her up to the stage, and she had no expression on her face. (This is VERY unusual)


Now our church is big. And I mean VERY big.


It was like the calm before the storm.


She took a couple of looks at the audience, and...... out came the silent tears.


Yep. The little girl who talks to anybody, sings for anybody, dances for anybody, and will generally manage to make herself the center of attention, and who LOVES every minute of it, finally met an audience she didn't like. Poor baby!

While a few other children were getting dedicated, she recovered, and watched. When we were walking back down to our seats, I could tell that she was embarrassed, because none of the other kids had cried.


Looking back with regret.

The result of the crazy, busy, Saturday before: a delicious luncheon! Thank you so much to Mrs. H. and Mrs. Strand for helping us out, and bringing some yummy dishes!


The girls: Mae, Anna, Mia, Maylie, and Esther
Some sweet gifts

Pretty girls








It was such a special time, representing Maylie's beginning journey of walking with the Lord. We pray that she will draw close to Him, and always keep Him in her heart!

Overall, it was a wonderful day, and we had a great time of fellowship with our friends and family.

And Maylie?

I think she wants a second try.

~Posted by Kourtney

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Ohhhhh....sweet baby!

I'm glad it turned out to be a fun day of celebration!

TanyaLea said...

Oh how beautiful! Sorry for Maylie's tears...but the day ended with a happy celebration of her dedication to the Lord...there's not much more perfect and precious than that!!

I LOVED her white Chinese silks...what a PERFECT dress for her dedication. I might 'borrow' that idea and look for a white silk for Khloe when we travel to bring her home.

The food looked YUMMY, too!!...and those ladybug cupcakes?!..seriousl!!...how CUTE are those?! :)

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

TanyaLea said...

Thanks for the tips on purchasing the silks when I am in China...can't WAIT!! :) And WOW!!...great prices for sure!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Shiloh Strang said...

Beautiful Little Dedication... even with the tears! May the Lord get a hold of Maylie's heart for His glory!
Love,
The Strangs

~Miss Shiloh~ said...

Lovely Pictures!!! It's funny to think that I too was dedicated by the same Pastor Chuck 18 years ago! :) Looking at the pictures made me wish I was there too! God bless you, Maylie!

Shiloh Strang said...

We awarded you! See our blog for details!

Kourtney said...

Shiloh: I know, isn't it funny? All of us were dedicated by Pastor Chuck!

Shiloh Strang said...

Kourtney: Yes it is funny! All of us (but Judah) were too! If we are ever back in that area again I'd love to have Judah dedicated... Knowing him he'd cry up there just like Maylie. :)

~Shiloh