Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mooncake Festival!

Surprise lanterns in the mail from a friend!
Excited about how good those mooncakes look ....
... not so excited about how they taste....
"You like dis, Mama?"

Since we knew that the authentic mooncakes didn't quite fit into our list of favorite foods,
(see Mooncake post from last year) we made our Americanized version; shortbread type cookies, with jelly :)
When asked which one she liked better she said, "Hmmmm, dis one, or dis one? .... I lika dis one Mama."

Happy Mid-Autumn Moon Festival everyone! (sorry about the delayed posting!)

~Posted by Kourtney

3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

I've heard that all too often about the 'traditional' mooncakes. But I'm glad you came up with your own version to carry on the tradition. It's so special to be able to share in your daughter's culture. I can't wait until we can do the same NEXT YEAR!! :) Yeah!

Hugs,
Tanya

Margo said...

I have some pictures of your daughter (I'm pretty sure it's her) in some groups shots, if you don't already have them. They were taken around March 2009 at an outing. The girls are wearing light yellow shirts. I think we share some mutual friends from the guangdongadopt yahoo group if you need to get my email address.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

So sweet...I have heard those mooncakes are an aquired taste... she looks adorable..as usual!