Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 10 - Guangzhou

Today we visited the Guangzhou City Zoo. The temperature was about 80 degrees and very humid. Right now China is celebrating a holiday "tomb sweeping day" so there was no school and a very crowded zoo! Lily's favorite was the monkeys and Maylie loved the tigers.






I couldn't resist one more baby with split pants shot!
I think this dad may have some ring around the
collar.









The littles in a kangaroo pouch....


Since the White Swan is closed for remodeling we took some
photos of the girls in their Chinese silks in the beautiful garden
at our hotel.


Princesses


I'd say Lily likes ice cream now...


....just a bit!


It also cheered up our little sick girl.


Our baby girl is making great strides with us everyday. She loves to give kisses, loves to be pampered, loves to cuddle with her daddy in the morning, and is finding her place in our family. This journey has been one of unexpected experiences. Even with adopting before, seminars, books and blogs you sometimes can't be prepared for the journey ahead. Lily is the opposite of all I thought she would be. Her reports said she was quiet and shy, oh my! she is quite the opposite! But God is not surprised by this and knew this all along. He chose our little girl and placed her by miraculous events in our family. That way we would know beyond any shadow of doubt that she is our beautiful, full of life, little treasure. We are not super special parents. We are just ordinary parents who love our kids and love what God is doing in our lives. We are humbled and honored that God is giving us this privilege of adding to our family through His spirit of adoption.

"None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful." - Mother Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUCH cute pics! Ice cream makes everything better, too!

Unknown said...

These photos are so wonderful. I love your post too, so thrilled about the unexpected surprises...what a blessing:) We are going to have one outgoing team!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days.

Sarah said...

I love the way He writes the story of our lives...He is so good!!

Eden said...

What a blessing!

strandfam said...

LOVE, LOVE the photos of the girls! Lily looks happier with each day! I am sure you are beginning to see glimpses of who your sweet girl truly is. What a wonderful gift from Jesus! Thanking Him for ALL He has done! Praying for each of you as you prepare to head home.
Sending love