





"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single girl in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a dog." (Dog version of Pride and Prejudice)
About three weeks ago our family welcomed our first family dog into our home. Mikyla has been saving and begging for a dog for several months...and finally my parents gave in.
Bingley Beijing is an over-sized Yorkshire Terrier pup. He is almost four months old and is currently 7 pounds, which is more than a typical adult Yorkie weighs! Bingley is named after the amiable Mr. Charles Bingley in Jane Austen's beloved Pride and Prejudice.
Bingley is adorable, but to tell the truth...he smells like a typical puppy. But my mom is determined to have him smell the best as a dog possibly can. She and Mikyla are giving him baths once a week with a very fruity smelling shampoo and scented dog herbal mist "perfect between baths". I am not a dog person, so I am not quite so thrilled as Mikyla right now. But he is starting to grow on me. Bingley is almost completely house-broken. Almost, but not quite. Bingley also has a yeast infection in his ears and has to have ear drops. Please pray that little Bingley's ears will be healed!
Since the ear drops were not pleasant for him, by mom is hoping that he won't hold a grudge. She is earnestly desiring that he will take after his chivalrous namesake, Mr. Bingley, and not after his fastidious fictional friend, Mr. Darcy, whose good opinion once lost is lost forever. I think he has forgiven her. After all she does give him those cute little organic heart shaped chicken flavored Paul Newman treats.
Kourtney and Mikyla say I act just like Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas. You know the scene (about 3 minutes, 25 seconds through this clip) when Lucy gets kissed by a dog and fears dog germs!
~Posted by Karissa <3
3 comments:
Hey! I saw that you commented on Emily's blog (andthentherewereseven.blogspot.com) and thought that I would check y'alls blog out!
My name is Lexie (age 15) and we are currently waiting for our girl to come home (she will be 3 in November). We are also a fellow AWAA family.
I can't wait to continue to follow y'alls journey!!
Lexie
Hey Lexie!
Thanks for the comment! I haven't got to visit your blog yet, but Karissa(my older sister)has... I'll check it out soon!
That's so cool that your family is adopting through AWAA too! We are still waiting for our referral..(sigh)
What date is your sister's b-day? 'Cause mine is in Nov. too!
In Him,
Kourtney
Hey Kourtney!
Feel free to check out my blog whenever!! I am hoping that y'all get a referral SOON! It seems to me that the Shared Referrals lists are going faster! AWAA is REAALLY good about getting a lot of them!
My sisters birthday is November 2nd. and MINE is November 19th!
Blessings!
Lexie
Post a Comment