Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Tennis and Strawberry Bread

Yesterday the fall season for Calvary Chapel girls tennis officially started. Karissa and I are both playing this year. (I can not believe that I'm a Freshman and that Karissa is a Junior!) We are both playing on JV Sonshine. Our team is the group of girls that just play tennis for fun, and we don't compete with other schools.

Today Karissa decided to make another bread recipe, this time with strawberries instead of cucumbers...(Whew!) It's a recipe from one of our favorite blogs, Resolved 2 Worship . Karissa said that the bread was really easy to make, and it tastes heavenly!!!!! If you would like to make a loaf or two for yourself, here is the recipe as copied from Resolved 2 Worship. Enjoy!

Strawberry Bread

Beat together:
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil (though I use olive)
1 cup sugar (a few times I would use half honey/half sugar)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Add sifted dry ingredients alternatively with strawberries:
1 1/2 cups of flour (I use white whole wheat)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries thawed and slightly drained (I typically use fresh strawberries cut up and just blend in)

Optional: to fold in lightly~
1/2 cup nuts

Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes or so (or until done - depends on your oven ya know?)

This amount makes two medium loaves usually -- when I double it, it gives three bigger loaves or four not so big ones.

* A note on the bread. I used unbleached flour and I omitted the nutmeg.

Oh, I wanted to add that Mikyla is feeling much better. Thank you for your prayers! So far nobody else is sick...

Posted by Kourtney

P.S. My dad designed the tennis website. :)

1 comment:

Lexie said...

Oh my...that strawberry bread sounds delicious!!!