When we drove up to the S family's house I was thinking, "This is so strange. We are total strangers to this family." ( A quick note on my adoption-attitude at this point. I did not want to adopt because I thought that our lives were busy enough and I had other selfish reasons as well. Thank God that I do not feel the same way now!!!) Anyways, as we got out of the car, the door to the S family's house opened and out ran the cutest little Chinese girl that I had every seen. She was wearing a stylish pink sundress and pigtails tied with pink bows holding a present for us! God totally used Esther to melt my cold heart. How could I resist her? She is so adorable and has the sweetest little personality!
Well, as you may have guessed we hit it off pretty well with the S family. We fell in love with sweet Henry, charming Mae, and Esther right away! We have been so abundantly blessed by the S family's support and friendship. We can't wait till little Maylie and the S family's newest member, little Hudson, come home from China. We pray that it is soon!
A year with the S family-
August 07- After the America World Adoption Seminar. This is our first photo with Esther.
November 07- Making Thanksgiving crafts
December 07- Seeing Christmas lights
God used Esther to melt my heart!
May 07- Celebrating our DTCs. One step closer to Hudson and Maylie.
We love Chinese food!
August 07- Beach Day
Kourtney and Esther
S family- you are such a blessing to us!!!~Posted by Karissa
4 comments:
What an awesome story!! Esther is just the cutest!!! My mom has been following their blog...and it looks like we MIGHT get to travel with them!!!!
No, that little girl is not my girl!! That is a friends...i was designing her blog for her! Haha!! I will be posting pictures of MY girl on my blog AS SOON as we get LOA!!!!
Lexie
Oh, I didn't even think that you might get to travel with the S fam. So lucky! =) We wanted to travel with them, but I am 99% sure that that is not going to happen now. Oh well, everything is in God's hands. And that's a really great place to be!
I can't wait to see pictures of Karliegh Mei!
~Karissa
Hi Lexie!
That's so cool that you might get to travel with the Strands! How fun!
I forgot to tell you, my b-day's the 1st!(Same month as you and your sister!) Just a day before your sister's! How funny is that?!
Did you start school yet? We started on Monday.... so far I've been loving it! How 'bout you?
<3 Kourtney
Just popping over from the Strand's website to say "HI"! We traveled with Sarah & Mike when they brought Esther home. Praying that God brings your new daughter home to you VERY SOON. The wait is difficult, isn't it? (but defintitely worth it in the end). Blessings & JOY!
Post a Comment