Well the day that seemed like it would never come came! We met her right after breakfast. The director of the orphanage, our guide and a civil affairs official brought her to our hotel room where we very anxiously awaited her arrival. What I forgot was to throw out all expectations. Even though I didn't know what to expect I must have deep down expected to be a bit like Maylie's gotcha day. It was so very different. Lily was very leery of us and didn't want us to get too close to her. I had to be patient and slowly work my way closer to her. She acted up quite a bit when the director and the official was here. We very quickly found out that she has a temper, and although shy at first she most definitely has a strong will. But when the director left she almost immediately changed her attitude. We had to leave soon after for the civil affairs office and as soon as she saw we were leaving she grabbed my hand. She really hasn't left my side since. She even wanted to sit on my lap while I type this! That's a good sign!!!
She's a big girl! Outweighs Maylie by about 7 pounds, and none of the shoes I brought for her fit. She has to wear Maylie's! So we are going to try to hit Walmart tomorrow. She loves to draw and color. So glad we are stocked on those supplies! Maylie had been wonderful with her!! Loving her and teaching her English words. They already seem to adore each other. Mikyla has been such a blessing to have her and is helping out with the girls tremendously!
We have extreme jet lag. Feel pretty much like zombies, but we will be acclimated soon.
Here are a few photos of our very first day with Lily. We will post more tomorrow. For now we need to get to bed!
.
13 comments:
Happy Lily day!!! She is such a little darling and I'm overjoyed she is with her forever family, right where Jesus knew she should be at just the right time.
We are rejoicing with you! Praising God that beautiful Lily is in your arms! So happy the girls already love each other! We will be praying for each of you!
Sending you love
Sarah and family
This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!
Oh Lydia...... you are together!!! Such sweet pictures. How wonderful that Maylie is there with you! I will pray for this week and all that God will do in drawing your hearts together.
Blessings and love to you,
Naomi
Congrats! What a joy to finally be able to be near and hold Lily...God has provided so wonderfully!!!
Oh my! I love the picture of the three of you!!! Lily is adorable!
Amazing! She looks so happy! Congratulations!
Oh, the photos bring such joy to my heart...forgive me if I type something strange, as I am crying with tears of such deep appreciation!!! Your Dad/Grandpa and I have been praying and I've been checking for updates repeatedly...So glad that Lily has you and her forever family...we adore her already and our wonderful Maylie is God's answer to the comfort that Lily needs to make it through this tough transition. And, our wonderful Mikyla, just as we discussed is such a blessing to aid in the all of the paperwork that follows! Our wonderful son, Steve, is such a blessing to our family...such love and prayers to each of you, and to Karissa and Kourtney who keep the homefront ready for your return! Much Love, we are watching and waiting...Nannette and your Dad/Grandpa ~*~
I am so thrilled to finally see Lily in your arms!!!! Enjoy every moment and I love following along.
Blessings my friend :)
Steve and Lydia
We are so happy for you guys and cant wait to here more details when you guy get dback and get settled. We are praying that the Peace of God will be with Lily and all of you!! I know the journey really begins now and we will pray continuously for an easy transition for you all. Thanks for sharing your update so soon I have been wondering how it was going!! Love the DeMeis family!!
Oh Lydia~ Lily is beautiful!!! SO thankful she is in your arms and everything is going well. Tomorrow is EK Day so we have close gotchas. Look forward to following every minute!!! Blessings and love! XO
Congratulations! Praying for you all. What a blessing.
Oh!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! Looking forward to all your future updates and posts!!!!
Yay for Lily day!! She is such a dumpling! I am so happy for you all!
Post a Comment