Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 3 in Nanchang

In the lobby of the Galactic Peace Hotel


Today we went sightseeing at the
Tengwang Pavilion


This magnificent pavilion was built in
the 600's!





Skyline view of the new side of Nanchang. (Can you see it
through the smog?)


On the top level of the pavilion we enjoyed a beautiful
authentic Chinese dance and music performance. The littles loved
it and sat through it like angels.




The detail is so incredible!




It was nice to be out for only a few hours. We're now back in
our hotel and enjoying some quiet time. Lily takes an after-
noon nap so that's when Daddy takes a nap, Mikyla does some
homework, Maylie colors or plays on the ipod an I can check
my emails and blog.

Lily is doing much better with us. It was such a rough start
for her. I haven't posted about this because I'm just trying
process so much and pray and figure out how to handle it all. Lily
is precious but it's so apparent that she has been through so
much heartache and has had to make her way in the world
alone. You prepare for your gotcha day and have expectations
even when you try not to. She really didn't want anything to
do with us the first day. But it didn't take long for her to realize
that we are it!

She has a lot of characteristics that I
hoped and prayed she would have. She's sweet, affectionate
(most of the time), she's great at sharing, she's a wonderful
sleeper!! (Thank you Lord for your mercy!) The first night
she climbed right in the hotel crib (that's what they provided)
smiled and slept through the night! She also takes a short nap in
the afternoon without any resistance. Oh and she loves girly
things, purses, coloring, princesses, lotion and did I mention
bows? ha ha! So far all the girls have loved bows. But what I
didn't expect was a strong will and temper. She lets everyone
and anyone know what she wants or what she thinks. Lots of
testing going on with her mommy and daddy and sisters. She
is aggressive every time she sees a little boy. In fact she raises
her arm to hit them and tries to if we don't' stop her. We found
out that boys bullied her in her kindergarten class. How
heartbreaking is that. A four year old little girl without anyone
to protect her. Her heart is going to need some major healing.
Lily's gotcha day was so different than Maylie's. I tried so hard
not to compare. I am realizing that I must not do that. This is a
new story. Lily's story. May the Lord graciously shine his light
and love in her heart and this new mama's heart again. I am re-
minded that he heals the brokenhearted and heals their wounds.
Psalm 68:6

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to your posts every day... praying for you guys and your precious girl. Such a blessing that you are and will be to each other! much love, Sarah

Cheri said...

Oh, wow! I cannot imagine what you are experiencing or what Lily is going through. I know it is hard on you, but we know that God is our healer and her healer. With time, Lily will realize that. It may be a difficult journey, but she will have her family to help her through it all.

Sarah said...

I am praying for all of you...precious girl. I love to see her smile in these photos.

Our daughter, Yana, was 7 when we adopted her. She had been through soooo much and had some unbelievable tantrums. In retrospect, we didn't handle it the best. Over the past couple of years we have really researched what trauma can do to a child. We have used a lot of the training from Created to Connect and Karyn Purvis and have seen amazing healing in our daughter. I'm praying that Lily experiences beautiful healing in your family.

strandfam said...

Love the photos! The girls are so cute! It looks like you had a fun day! Praising God for the progress being made with Lily. So thankful for God's heart, He is using you to be His love to her. Thanking Him that He is a redemptive God, and promises to make things beautiful in His time. Continually lifting your family in prayer!
Sending love

jenarant said...

Lydia... thanks for sharing. we are praying for you guys! ps. lily is adorable. we cant wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet story. Lydia we are praying for all of you, especially Lily. You are the perfect family for her and the Lord has so many new and wonderful things in store. Can't wait til you get home.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I too continue to pray for you all and Lily~ God picked her just for you and you are doing amazingly great with her. She just needs love and you know that full well. SO happy she is doing better and pray you all have a good night's sleep!!! XOXO