Here was my first try: Mac'n'cheese in a star shape, rice molded into a heart shape, broccoli, fruit snacks, apple cut into hearts and blueberries.
This was lunch today: Tandoori bread cut into teddy bears, with olive buttons, mini carrot/tomato, and blueberry kabobs and broccoli. Mikyla made corn flowers with spinach leaves, and jack/cheddar cheese hearts.Maylie watched us make the entire meal, and when we gave it to her, she did her cute little happy squeal and couldn't wait to dig in!
My mom is going to order some bento boxes for us to make lunches for Maylie. So here's to the beginning of many bento lunches!
8 comments:
I LOVE Bentos...I had my online shopping cart full the other day with wonderful Bento stuff and my computer kicked me off and I lost it. I need to go back and start again.
Hey feel free to ask me anytime where I got something for Vivi Jo and I will do the same with you
:-).
The red dress when Vivi Jo got her first hair cut and the black /white check dress with coat I got at a little boutique in a nearby town. I did see the red dress on line but I dont remember where but if you Google ZaZa it should give you some links (that's the brand)....maybe it will be on clearance from last Fall...wouldn't that be AWESOME!
Kim
What a cute idea. I have never heard of this! I'll have to look on line.
What a lucky little girl to have a mommy like you who always does fun stuff!!!
It was fun catching up on your blog!
What a wonderful Jei Jei! So fun!
It's actually my older girls that are the creative Bento makers!
They sure are spoiling their little mei mei!
Oh my goodness! You need to send your girls to my house to make those darling healthy bento creations for our little Kelly. My big girl (Camryn, Kelly's jie jie) could learn a thing or two from your girls!
Glad to see you all are settling in so well. What a wonderful blessing to have those big girls doing such fun stuff for their mei mei. The love is so apparent!
Blessings,
Jennifer
That looks like fun & yummy. I have never heard of Bentos before. Will have to try that out when Sydney comes home!
I want to eat my lunches like that!
btw the bow in her hair is soo cute ^^
Hi! We haven't met but I saw your post on Cheri's blog this evening. We are adopting an almost 7 year old girl from Zhongshan CWI too! My daughter is one of the ones in the photo she posted. We will travel in November.
I just wanted to pop in and say what a blessing it was to see the photos of the CWI. For an institution, it gives me much hope! We hope to visit the orphanage as well. Praying for access in spite of the H1N1. :(
Your daughters are all beautiful young ladies. :)
Our travel journal is at youbelong.net/openarmsforgrace
Many blessings!
Shelley
Post a Comment